Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Basketry at BOW

This past weekend I went to a BOW retreat in Brownwood, Texas. BOW stands for Becoming an Outdoors Woman. In the state of Texas TPWD (Texas Parks and Wildlife) sets up these events twice a year at different locations around the state. They offer classes in outdoor skills... to read about my experiences at this event and the other one I attended in the fall just follow this link. As a fund raiser they had an auction that featured sporting goods and a few handmade items. I made my first basketry sale at the event. I also volunteered to teach or assist the current teacher in the basketry classes at the next BOW event. I am now feeling inspired to make more baskets. Perhaps it is time for me to volunteer to teach a class at the public library and see how it goes. Cheers, Jenn

4 comments:

  1. I remember reading about your last experience with the BOW retreat. It really sounds fun. Great job with the baskets and making your first sale! They are lovely. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great job! Maybe you could do a tutorial, are they hard to make..so cool! Thanks for linking up to my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenn,
    Nice baskets!!! You should teach...The thing I've learned about teaching is that your own personal skills get better as you slow down to show others. If you have a "Parks -N-Rec." program in you community that too is a great place to teach!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenn. How exciting to become a teacher at the next event. Funny how one thing leads to another. Lovely baskets!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...