Monday, August 9, 2010

Hula Hoop

I was hanging out with a good friend last night and she had a whole stack of homemade hula hoops... the girls were having a ball showing off, goofing off, and playing together. There were even a couple of adult size hoops so we all got in on the action. I was thinking that making hula hoops would be a fun and different gift to make for people for the holidays (or any occasion really). It could even be decorated by using double pointed needles to knit a colorful cover for the poly tubing. You can find instructions on how to make your own here.

3 comments:

  1. What a novel idea! I used to hula hoop all the time as a kid, and somewhere along the lines the talent seems to have... disappeared. I imagine it's because I've not been using an adult sized hoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to hula hoops size really does matter...hehe
    I think it is also the weight and quality of the materials that helps when you have a homemade one.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your site and this post. You make some very informative points.Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...